«Joint Organization to Unite Rural Networks of Entrepreneurial Youth – JOURNEY»,
Erasmus + EAC A03 2019-2020
Capacity Building in the field of youth
Rural youth employment in the countries of the Eastern Partnership is one of today’s most pressing topics. These countries need innovative solutions to reduce the level of youth unemployment in rural areas and develop entrepreneurial potential in the green economy for a sustainable development. The project proposes an innovative approach in the field of entrepreneurial potential development in rural youth of the EaP countries participating in the project (Ukraine, Azerbaijan and Georgia).
Rural youth has fewer opportunities for self-realization and employment in rural areas, therefore the project provides exactly raising the level of knowledge of young people, adopting experience from the countries of the European Union.
The project activity is scheduled for 24 months.
1. To reduce youth unemployment in the countries of the Eastern Partnership
2. To promote the development of entrepreneurial potential of rural youth in EaP countries
In order to reach the above mentioned aims, the specific objectives are:
1. to allow youth workers from UA, AZ and GE to acquire mentorship skills as well as knowledge, methods and tools to support rural youth and young entrepreneurs
2. to promote entrepreneurship education and equip mentors and young people with necessary tools to develop entrepreneurship skills through online training
3. to raise awareness about entrepreneurship education and establish networks of young people/young entrepreneurs from rural areas to exchange knowledge and good practices
4. to learn from the EU experience and to launch a dialogue between rural youth from EU and EaP countries for sharing experience and communication
Young men and women from 18 to 30 years and youth mentors living in the regions of Vinnytsa in Ukraine, Ganjabasar in Azerbaijan, Imereti region of Georgia, involved as follows:
- 21 mentors participating in Training for mentors in IT and PL
- 21 young people in Youth Exchanges in IT and PL
- 30 young people in Capacity-building workshop
1. Training and preparation of mentors
2. Online training for mentors and young people
3. Establishment of Clubs of Youth Entrepreneurs
4. Capacity building workshops
5. Youth exchange
JOURNEY is implemented in partnership of 8 organizations (including the countries of the European Union (Italy, France and Poland) and the Eastern Partnership countries (Ukraine, Azerbaijan and Georgia) who have experience in implementing international youth projects related to entrepreneurship education and skills
In the long run it will help bring the partner EaP countries (Ukraine, Azerbaijan and Georgia) to a new level of economic relations with the European Union and will facilitate future European integration of these countries.